ELA’s Project Manager Mike Huxta, RLA and Project Engineer Elizabeth Baldwin, PE worked closely with The Boy Scouts of America, Pennsylvania Dutch Council on their renovations to their fifty-year-old pool facility located at Camp Mack Scout Reservation in Lebanon County. The new facility will have a new changing building and Pool House for storage and pool mechanical equipment.
In addition to the new buildings the project will include renovations and site amenities listed below. Many of these features are needed to accommodate a growing population of Scouts and provide Scouts with various degrees of swimming capabilities a better opportunity to enjoy the pool and improve their swimming.
- A new “zero entry” pool that allows users to walk into the shallow end.
- Patio and deck space around the pool that can also be used when the pool is not in-season.
- Handicapped accessible ramp from the upper decks to the pool.
- Picnic tables, benches, outdoor shower and sunshades.
- Stormwater management conveyance and attenuation facilities.
This project required the submission of a Stormwater Management Plan to meet current stormwater management requirements.
Elizabeth and Cheryl Love, RLA helped the Scouts celebrate by attending their groundbreaking ceremony on August 17th.